Rapid globalisation has fostered the demand for professionals who can master the challenges of working in an environment where business meets law. Combining taught modules on legal and commercial topics, our online LLM opens many doors. With a strong focus on employability and the production of client-facing documentation, the Master of Laws (LLM) in Legal Practice will equip you with practical skills you can take with you directly into the workplace. Each specialisation combines online modules, research methods and related commercial topics. By studying one of our LLMs, you will be able to demonstrate your specialist knowledge to potential employers through your own dissertation on a specific area of current legal practice.
Full time (18 months)
- Broaden your career horizons with a valuable Masters qualification in the specialist fields of conflict resolution or intellectual property
- Learn professional skills to make you stand out to potential employers
- Gain an up-to-date knowledge of law and practice in this area and the impact of those developments on commercial and legal practice
- Online supervision delivered by a professionally qualified faculty of legal experts
- One-to-one tutor support and feedback on your work from a fully-qualified lawyer
- Develop a portfolio demonstrating the law in practice
- Study online, giving you the flexibility to fit your studies around other commitments, such as work or family
The programme is delivered in an interactive way with a real-world focus. Students will be provided with online lectures and workshops for each module by the University of Law. There will be interactive activities, with other students, and business tasks to complete. You will be supported by academic staff in undertaking activities and tasks. To prepare for these tasks, students will be directed to a range of electronic learning resources including e-books, professional body resources, the FT and online databases.
Learning is further supported by online resources, including the Financial Times, case studies, simulations, learning videos, reading materials, online testing, and feedback.
IST will provide you with the support and lectures in a classroom in order to give you the opportunity for face-to-face education.
As an online student, you will benefit from our e-learning suite of resources:
- Law Resource Pack which includes statutory extracts as well as institutional and court rules
- Full access to the University’s online library, and resources for developing legal research skills
- Video demonstrations to supplement your reading and summaries for each unit
- Learning Outcome mind maps, unit introductions and i-Tutorials to guide your studies
- Our user-friendly Canvas platform has a live chat feature so you can connect anytime, anywhere
- Access to Business Source Complete, Keynote, Financial Times Newspaper Online and the Emerald Database
- A dedicated programme tutor will guide you through each module and support your academic progression
The course will cover the following core modules:
- International Dispute Resolution Practice
- Research Methods Module
A choice of two optional modules from:
- International Intellectual Property Practice
- International Commercial Law and Practice
- International Competition/Anti-Trust Law and Practice
- International Joint Ventures Law and Practice
- A 15,000-word dissertation on a subject of your own choice within the field of international commercial conflict resolution.
- ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS:
A UK Honours degree at a minimum of second class 2.2, or equivalent
and LEVELS OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY: IELTS level 6.5 in English or equivalent
Σε ενδιαφέρει να αποκτήσεις πτυχίο σπουδάζοντας στο IST;
Συμπλήρωσε τα στοιχεία σου ή την αίτηση εγγραφής τώρα!