The MBA International Law is ideal for those looking to develop an understanding of law while building their knowledge of the key strategic aspects of business. This course enables students to enhance their career by equipping them with advanced knowledge of management practices and leadership.
The programme takes place 100% online and is designed to support and enhance professional insights and build a network of academics, business professionals, fellow students, professional bodies and alumni. Students will develop both the knowledge and skills required to accelerate their career. High quality teaching combined with practical learning ensures that students are able to apply this new knowledge. The programme delivers learning through a variety of methods from online seminars, workshops, tests and presentations, debates, group work, and role play.
1 year (full-time)
2 years (part-time)
This course has been developed for business or legal professionals who are looking to advance in their current role or enhance their career to progress into senior management roles.
Building on the expertise and heritage of The University of Law, this course is suitable for individuals who may wish to develop an understanding of law from a cross-border transaction perspective while developing their knowledge of the key strategic aspects of business.
The programme is delivered in an interactive way with a real-world focus. Students will be provided with online lectures and workshops for each module by the University of Law. There will be interactive activities, with other students, and business tasks to complete. You will be supported by academic staff in undertaking activities and tasks. To prepare for these tasks, students will be directed to a range of electronic learning resources including e-books, professional body resources, the FT and online databases.
You are expected to actively engage with your tutors, other students, discussion boards and in group work. The MBA is complemented with a Starter Bootcamp, which consists of online masterclasses and coaching sessions.
Learning is further supported by online resources, including the Financial Times, case studies, simulations, learning videos, reading materials, online testing and feedback.
IST will provide you with the support and lectures in a classroom in order to give you the opportunity for face-to-face education.
The University of Law Business School recognizes the demands faced by students balancing study with other aspects of life. We are committed to providing you with the flexibility you need to successfully complete your course. Studying your course gives you the flexibility to study around your current commitments at a time that works best for you.
As an online student, you can access programme content and learning activities at any time, from any location. You’ll receive support, guidance, and careers advice throughout the course.
All of your learning will take place on the Canvas platform, delivered by our online learning partner, InterActive Pro. Each unit you study consists of an introduction, video clips, extended reading, discussion questions, as well as a summary and consolidation.
As an online student, you’ll have access to:
- A range of professionally produced tuition videos to support each module, featuring detailed animations to help you absorb complex concepts
- Case studies are taken from the real business world to help strengthen your learning
- Downloadable reading materials, so you can revise on-the-go
- Varied assessments and assignments and complemented by online discussions with your programme tutor and classmates
- An online library of international recognized journals, databases, newspaper articles, and primary source materials
- Interactive VoiceThread videos where you can comment on tutor-led presentations via webcam
- One-to-one student support, including a personal tutor who will supervise your academic development throughout the duration of the course
In addition to lectures and workshops for each module, students will benefit from interactive activities, group work and business tasks with a practical focus. Each student will receive a series of coaching sessions throughout the programme with their personal tutor. Each session will provide an opportunity for reflection on knowledge gained enabling you to integrate this with experience and apply it to new situations, ensuring your potential is maximized.
As an online student, you will benefit from a range of innovative e-learning media that suits all learning types. You’ll receive the same quality tuition as our on-campus students, but with all the benefits of online flexibility.
The course will cover the following core modules:
- Global Business Strategy and Leadership (30 credits)
- Leadership and Management Development (30 credits)
- Business Operations and Performance Management (30 credits)
There are two elective modules to choose from, of which you’ll need to pick one:
- International Commercial Law (30 credits)
- International Arbitration Practice (30 credits)
- Research Methods, Professional Development and research dissertation/ practice focused project (60 credits)
ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS: A UK Honours degree at a minimum of second class 2.2, or equivalent
Minimum of two years work experience
LEVELS OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY: IELTS level 6.5 in English or equivalent
Σε ενδιαφέρει να αποκτήσεις πτυχίο σπουδάζοντας στο IST;
Συμπλήρωσε τα στοιχεία σου ή την αίτηση εγγραφής τώρα!